What Are Some Sexual Dysfunction Symptoms?
Women who are in the midst of menopause or who are post-menopausal may be dealing symptoms such as vaginal dryness and/or a diminished sex drive. If the sexual dysfunction is the result of a medical or physical condition, your ObGyn Corpus Christi Dr. E. Stanton Shoemaker can put together a treatment plan that is tailored to your personal situation.
Men also may experience sexual dysfunction symptoms.
How To Treat Sexual Dysfunction?
The plan may involve medication, lifestyle changes, or surgery, but the details will vary according on the nature of the sexual dysfunction.
According to your ObGyn Corpus Christi, there are effective therapy choices available, including:
- Vaginal lubricants – (creams, gels or suppositories), which can be bought without a prescription, are favorably recommended for women who are dealing with vaginal dryness
- Estrogen – that is applied as a cream or inserted into the vagina is effective at making sex more comfortable for women who are currently in menopause and experiencing vaginal dryness and/or sensitivity
- Clitoral devices – which have been approved by the FDA to help women who experience problems with sexual stimulation – are available by prescription
- Medications – are available that work to thicken the vaginal tissue, resulting in less painful sex for some users
- Hormone replacement therapy – is also prescribed to relieve the symptoms of menopause such as sexual dysfunction
- Vaginal rejuvenation – procedures that stimulate the vaginal tissues and blood flow in addition to contracting and tightening the vagina
Learn How Vaginal Rejuvenation Helped This Patient
If you’re experiencing sexual dysfunction and are in need of a reputable and personable ObGyn, Corpus Christi, TX residents rely on the professional and caring staff at Innovations in Women’s Health under the direction of gynecologic surgeon Dr. E. Stanton Shoemaker.
Don’t wait – call us today at 361-929-7088 to schedule your confidential consultation.